Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice
Keeping people healthy and well at Bridge Rd Dental
Bridge Rd Dental is asking all staff, patients and visitors to delay their visit to our practice if:
- they feel unwell, including but not limited to experiencing possible COVID-19 symptoms
- within the last 14 days, they have travelled overseas
- within the last 14 days, they have had contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19
Whilst at our practice, please remember to practice simple hygiene by:
- making sure to clean your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or use an alcohol-based hand rub
- covering your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with tissue or a flexed elbow.
What is coronavirus (COVID-19)? 
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness caused by a new virus. Symptoms range from a mild cough to pneumonia. Some people recover easily, others may get very sick very quickly. There is evidence that it spreads from person to person. Good hygiene can prevent infection.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms
Many people who contract COVID–19 will suffer only mild symptoms. However early indications are that the elderly and people with pre-existing medical conditions are more at risk of experiencing severe symptoms.
The most common symptoms reported include:
- Breathing difficulties such as breathlessness
- Sore throat
- Fatigue or tiredness
 Australian Government, Department of Health: https://www.health.gov.au/health-topics/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov, accessed 5-3-20
 Victorian Government, Department of Health and Human Services, available from https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorian-public-coronavirus-disease-covid-19, accessed 5-3-20